Saturday, January 12, 2013

Setbacks

Following a useful first week of 2013 with a mile run in under 9 minutes, some good 4mph walking and 75 minutes of football at Lynnsport's 'Barn', this week has not been quite so successful. Woke up on Tuesday morning with a horrible cold which has developed over the week to a mild flu. Needless to say, having carried on going to work and spending much of my out of work time either in meetings or looking after my wife and baby (both of whom seemed to have contracted a much worse case of my ailment) being active and going out for a run or cycle was the last thing on my mind.

With the weather set to change to snow and ice at the beginning of next week, I am not expecting to be able to get out for a run until the end of the week at the earliest.

On the plus side, I have been offered some website space by the Lynn News to write about my experiences getting active - look out for more in a forthcoming launch story in the Lynn News.

No comments:

Post a Comment